Music icons The Beach Boys have enlisted Al Gomes and A. Michelle of Big Noise to run the band’s publicity campaign on behalf of their recent Grammy Nomination for ‘Best Historical Recording’ for their box set ‘The Smile Sessions.’
This could be an historic moment in the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers’ 50-year career, since The Beach Boys have never won a Grammy Award from the voting members of The Recording Academy.
Big Noise’s Al Gomes and A. Michelle have worked on a variety of projects with The Beach Boys over the last 6 years including:
– Assisting Capitol Records with additional marketing and publicity for the box set, ‘The Beach Boys U.S. Singles Collection – The Capitol Years (1962-1965)’
– Serving as project consultants and assisting Sony Music with marketing and publicity for the release of Beach Boy Dennis Wilson’s remastered solo masterpiece, ‘Pacific Ocean Blue’
– Coordinating and producing the East Coast Premiere Screening of longtime Beach Boys tour member Billy Hinsche’s film, ‘1974 – On the Road with The Beach Boys,’ which included a Q&A session and afterparty
– Representing Beach Boy David Marks and Beach Boys producer Alan Boyd’s catalog of recordings and songs for placement and licensing in film, TV, and advertising
– Marketing and publicity for the release of Beach Boys lyricist Stephen Kalinich’s tribute CD, ‘California Feeling,’ which featured Brian’s Wilson’s grandchildren’s first-ever performance on the track ‘Child of Winter’
The amazing yet true saga of The Beach Boys is well-chronicled, and by any standard it’s one of the greatest musical stories ever told. Brothers Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson, cousin Mike Love and school friend Al Jardine brought much joy and harmony to millions, and in turn became an international sensation. As America’s first pop band to reach the 50-year milestone, The Beach Boys have composed, recorded and performed music that has become the world’s favorite soundtrack to summer via stellar vocal arrangements and songs celebrating the beauty and lifestyle of their native Southern California.
Impressively, The Beach Boys continue to hold Billboard / Nielsen SoundScan’s record as the top-selling American band for albums and singles. They are also the American group with the most Billboard Top 40 chart hits (36). ‘The Smile Sessions,’ released to worldwide critical acclaim was heralded as 2011’s #1 Reissue of the Year by Rolling Stone magazine.
Big Noise / The Beach Boys site : http://www.bignoisenow.com/beachboys.html
In 1990, Al Gomes and A. Michelle founded Big Noise in Providence, RI, which also handles artist development, music production, and publicity and marketing. They have assisted with the release of 300+ recordings of diverse musical genres by superstar and independent recording artists.
They have managed many of the projects from concept to completion including assisting the artist with setting a budget for each project, choice of the artist’s material and producer, hands-on A&R direction in the studio, art direction of recording package, and the publicity, marketing and distribution of the release.
Big Noise also strategizes the branding of an artist, their image, business plan, and the overall direction of their career.
Al Gomes and A. Michelle have also run publicity campaigns for other Grammy nominees including multi-winner Christina Aguilera, Jim Brickman, jazz legend Freddy Cole, two-time winner Bill Harley, Duke Robillard, and film composer Ryan Shore.